BY FELIPE V. CELINO
ROXAS City – Mayor Angel Alan Celino suspended City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) head Cynthia Besana for 90 days.
The suspension took effect the other day after Besana received a copy of the suspension order, said Acting City Legal Officer Luvim Amores.
It stemmed from the case filed by the city government against Besana and former Mayor Vicente Bermejo on the unaccounted sacks of National Food Authority (NFA) rice, Amores said.
Bermejo and Besana were charged with “malversation of public property” over the alleged delivery of eight sacks of NFA rice to Bermejo’s residence on August 14, 2008.
Earlier, Celino asked the Civil Service Commission (CSC) to hold in abeyance the reinstatement of Besana as CSWDO head.
Celino filed a motion for reconsideration to the CSC, asking to retain Besana at the Office of the Mayor “without diminution in rank, salary and other privileges.”
He said Besana waived her right to question the reassignment order for failing to file an appeal within 15 days.
Celino reassigned Besana under his office on July 1 after learning alleged anomalies in the CSWDO, also involving the former mayor.
In line with this, Celino said in his motion, “Reinstating Besana at the CSWDO would give her opportunity to corrupt evidences against her.”
On the other hand, the Task Force Pagbag-o is also investigating the P1.4-million rice purchased by the CSWDO on December last year.
The city government paid for the said rice at the NFA on January.
A source at the CSWDO said Bermejo and fellow Ugyon Kita Capiz candidates distributed the rice during the last May 10, 2010 elections.
The Commission on Audit was expected to suspend the transaction since the CSWDO failed to present the list of beneficiaries./PN
Junkshops to be relocated, says mayor
ROXAS City – All junkshops operating in the city proper will be relocated, according to Mayor Angel Alan Celino.
No business and mayor’s permits will be issued to those who plan to put up junkshops in the city proper, Celino said.
The junkshops will be placed somewhere not frequented by people, the mayor said.
Celino has asked the City Engineer’s Office and the City Business and Licensing Division to inspect the junkshops operating in Barangays Cagay, Punta Tabuc, Lawaan, Banica and Tanza here.
The mushrooming of junkshops in the said barangays is becoming an eyesore to both residents and visitors alike, the mayor said.
Also, the city government will study whether or not it will allow more junkshops to operate in here, Celino said.
Celino is amenable to the plan of relocating the junkshops near the city’s dumpsite in Brgy. Sibaguan here./PN
In : CAPIZ FORUM
This free website was made using Yola.
No HTML skills required. Build your website in minutes.
Go to www.yola.com and sign up today!
Make a free website with Yola