Good Food, Good Music, and Good Timesare what you’ll find when you visit New Orleans. It’s a place where people know how to enjoy life at events like Mardi Gras, the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, and theNew Orleans Wine and Food Festival(NOWFE). It’s a place where people are passionate about food and how it’s prepared, and where you go to get the best meal. It’s a place like no other in the United States. Thiscosmopolitan culture is a stew of African, Spanish, French, Irish, Italian, German, Caribbean, Native American ingredients.
We know that New Orleans is a great place, but why attend an RI Convention in New Orleans?
1) To hear inspiring speakers such as Bill Gates talk about polio and The Rotary Foundation on Tuesday afternoon, 24 May, in the plenary session that will take place from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Please note that the convention program will be reversed that day: workshops will be in the morning and the plenary session will be in the afternoon)
2) To volunteer for projects (some sponsored by Rotary clubs) through the convention bureau voluntourism listing and theHOC website.
3) To learn about Rotary’s role in the recovery of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast during the Monday, 23 May plenary session.
4) To improve your Rotary skill set and knowledge during the manyworkshopsbeing offered.
5) To savor the best of New Orleans food and music New Orleans throughHOC eventsplanned by local Rotarians. Tickets are still available for tours and events such as the Sounds of the South concert where you can hear jazz (Dr. Michael White), the Treme Brass Band, zydeco , and more.
6) To connect with old friends and to make new ones at the House of Friendship and luncheons.
Before the celebration comes theregistration!Although you can register online until 6 May, after 31 March the registration fee will increase and you will only be able to buy luncheon tickets on-site.
Join us! Don’t miss this party in New Orleans!
Rotary International | One Rotary Center | 1560 Sherman Avenue | Evanston | IL | 60201 | USA