Thus says the LORD: Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, nor the strong man glory in his strength, nor the rich man glory in his riches;
But rather, let him who glories, glory in this, that in his prudence he knows me,
Knows that I, the LORD, bring about kindness, justice and uprightness on the earth; For with such am I pleased, says the LORD.
THE TWO COMMANDMENTS OF JESUS
[GOD'S TEN COMMANDMENTS (through Moses)]
"This is the greatest and the first commandment: You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind."
1. I, the LORD, am your God... You shall not have other gods besides me. 2. You shall not take the name of the LORD, your God, in vain. 3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
"The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40) 4. Honor your father and your mother. 5. You shall not kill. 6. You shall not commit adultery. 7. You shall not steal. 8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. 10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house
[From Wikipedia] The Reproductive Health Bill, popularly known as the RH Bill, is a Philippine bill aiming to guarantee universal access to methods and information on birth control and maternal care. The bill has become the center of a contentious national debate. There are presently six bills with the same goals, the most prominent of which is the one proposed by Congressman Edcel Lagman.[May God have mercy on Edcel Lagman and other co-authors ~ Seek the LORD while he may be found, call him while he is near. Let the scoundrel forsake his ways, and the wicked man his thoughts; let him turn to the LORD for mercy; to our God who is generous in forgiving.]
While there is general agreement about its provisions on maternal and child health, there is great debate on its key proposal that the government funds and undertakes widespread distribution of family planning devices such as birth control pills (BCPs) and IUDs, dissemination of information on their use, and enforcement of their provision in all health care centers and private companies, as a way of controlling the population of the Philippines. The bill is based on the premise that present population growth impedes economic development and exacerbates poverty. [God forgive them, they do not know what they are doing. ~ I, the LORD, am you God. You shall not have other gods besides me.] / [You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.]
(1) The bill is based on an inaccurate premise since Nobel-prize winning economist Simon Kuznets found no correlation between population growth and poverty in his book Modern Economic Growth: Rate, Structure, and Spread, and say that human capital is the ultimate resource.Kuznets's findings have been confirmed in numerous later studies coverign developed and developing countries cited by Economis Roberto de Vera in a "Primer" on the bill. [You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.]
(2) The bill takes away limited government funds from treating many high priority medical and food needs and transfers them to fund harmful and deadly devices. The latest studies in scientific journals and organizations show that the ordinary birth control pill, and the IUD are abortifacient: they kill young human embryos, who as such are human beings equally worthy of respect, making the bill unconstitutional. [You shall love your neighbor as yourself:You shall not steal.You shall not kill.]
(3) Leading secular social scientists have found that contraceptives have deleterious social effects (abortion, adultery, female empoverishment, fatherless children, spread of AIDS, teenage pregnancies, immorality, etc.). The pill is carcinogenic,and confers other serious health risks. "It is never lawful, even for the gravest reasons, to do evil that good may come of it." [God forgive them, they do not know what they are doing. ~ You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not kill.You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. You shall not covet your neighbor's house.]
(4) People's freedom to access contraceptives is not restricted by any opposing law, being available in family planning NGOs, stores, etc. The country is not a welfare state: taxpayer's money should not be used for personal practices that are objectively harmful and immoral; it can be used to inform people of the harm of BCPs. [God forgive them, they do not know what they are doing. ~ You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
(5) It promotes sex education of the youth which promoters themselves have considered as having brought about more teenage pregnancies and fatherless kids. [You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not commit adultery. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.]
(6) A 2009 survey showed that 92% rejected the bill when informed of its detailed provisions and penalties. Filipinos are pro-life since Buhay party-list is always at the top of their choices. (7) The penal provisions constitute a violation of free choice and conscience, and establishes religious persecution. [You shall love your neighbor as yourself: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.]
(8) The promotion and increased usage of contraceptives will eventually lead to more unplanned pregnancies and greater demand for abortion. There are six versions of the bill in the House of Representatives and one in the Senate. [You shall love your neighbor as yourself:You shall not kill.]
President Aquino denied he was an author of the bill. He also stated that he gives full support to a firm population policy, educating parents to be responsible, providing contraceptives to those who ask for them, but he refuses to promote contraceptive use. He said that his position "is more aptly called responsible parenthood rather than reproductive health." [I, the LORD, am you God. You shall not have other gods besides me.]
******* AS A CHRISTIAN
I firmly believe that God is the initiator and author of life. He alone has the ultimate right to give life and to take it (Deut 32:39 ; Job 1:2, 2:6 ; 1 Sam 2:6 ; Sirach 11:14). We humans are stewards of God's life-giving work. He passes on to us his work to uphold and develop life in the way he engraved it in our nature.
I believe that God gave us individual lives not because we earned it, but because God in his generosity gave it freely to be an opportunity for me to live with him eventually. He wants me to use his gift of life in the way pleasing to him. Thus, God gave me the freedom to choose: to love him intentionally or to willfully separate from him. I choose God than death and live a godly life, it is written: "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19)
I believe that sex and the sexual act are God's design to me in order to procreate and be fruitful upon the earth. Pleasure in sex is part of the beauty of this design, so sex is not intended for pleasure alone. Sex is a commitment with the one I love, respect, and whom God consecrated for me to be with, as well as willingly taking upon us the consequences of self-giving no matter how heavy. It is written: "But if you marry, you do not sin, and if a virgin marries, she does not sin. Yet those who marry will experience distress in this life..." (1 Cor 7:28a)
As a Catholic Christian
"I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church. " This phrase I recite in our Apostles Creed in our prayers and in every Sunday Mass. It is dishonest for me to confess these words and not to profess it in my thoughts, words and actions.
I believe that the Holy Spirit will teach me the Truth according to what the Bible says: "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." (John 16:13). The Holy Spirit, who will teach me the truth, will safeguard me from error, and will continue to instruct me on the Truth in every changing of the times, as it has already known me the things that are to come.
Jesus Christ, who is "the way, the truth and the life", has promised that the Holy Spirit will stay with his disciples forever. "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever." (John 14:16). This Holy Spirit filled the Church at Pentecost (Acts 2) and has been actively working in it ever since. Because this Spirit of Truth has animated the Church, the Church is the "pillar and groundwork of truth" (1 Timothy 3:15). And we are instructed to hear what the Church is saying, because it is the Holy Spirit who is speaking: "Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches." (Rev 2:29)
The bishops are the successors of Christ's Apostles. It is the custom of the Apostles to send disciples of them to continue their task. "While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off." (Acts 13:2-3). Every bishop has been laid by hands with his own bishop, and the said bishop by another bishop, forming an uninterrupted chain of succession back to the time when the Apostles laid their hands to their chosen disciples. Succession is essential for the Christian ministry for the Church will endure up to the end of the age, according to Christ's promise (cf. Matthew 28:20)
So it is very Catholic to listen to our own Bishops. Those who claim that they are Catholics but do not listen to their religious authorities has no right to claim it for themselves, for it is written: "Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls and will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with sighing-- for that would be harmful to you." (Hebrews 13:17) and "Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me." (Luke 10:16)
******* AS A MUSLIM
To be submitted to the will of Allah, I must not do something that is against His will. Allah demands purity from me as believer in Islam. When I enter a mosque, I must cleanse myself from bodily filth to purify myself of sin. This is ritual cleanliness in Islam. In the month of Ramadan, I must abstain from gluttony, from sexual activity, and from everything that causes me to be unclean. Purity is important in Islam. There has to be an avoidance of using drugs and alcohol or engaging in gambling. Allah is a God of perfection, of purity of body, mind and spirit above all.
Allah hates immorality. His Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) has viewed immorality as an abhorrence before Allah and is to be dealt severely. In The Koran, Allah implemented punishments and measures to persons who will violate and degrade purity (YUSUFALI 004.015-016; 024.002)
The RH Bill will allow the youngsters to be "informed" of the sexual activity. It is also possible that condoms and pills will also be introduced to them. This is abhorrence. Informing them about sex is like inciting them that it is a thing that is worth to try. A Muslim youngster must not defile himself or herself of the thoughts of sex to avoid uncleanliness. Unleashing the new and strange urge in youngsters by these "information" is unbecoming, and will endanger the purity of the Muslim youth.
******* Guarding Truth and Freedom
What might be the consequences to our nation if Christians falter in fighting for God's truth to prevail? Is God's truth an important factor when you make family, business, financial, or political decisions? What do you need to do to help guard truth and freedom? Develop more intimacy with the Lord in prayer? Learn more about the truths in your Bible? God is sufficient to give you wisdom and power in these areas if you only ask. Pray that God will strengthen you to contend for the faith and for truth in your home, work, community and country. Prayerfully approach your decisions as a family member, neighbor, and citizen.
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."--1 Timothy 4:1 The Lord desires what is good for us and will do what is necessary to bring transformation in our thought life, attitudes, actions, and priorities.
Consider that the gift of life, body, mind, and heart, in all of its glorious complexity, is wrapped up in the greatest gift, the most astounding trait of our humanity: We are all created with the capacity to have deep and eternal fellowship with Almighty God! When he “knit you together,” he set you apart to share in his goodness, his love, and his divinity.
Today, spend some time in prayer thinking about how amazing God’s creation is. You are his masterpiece, and he is very proud of you!
Let us pray:
For we are reduced, O God, beyond any other nation, brought low every where in the world this day because of our sins. But with contrite heart and humble spirit let us be received. Almighty Father, let our daily sacrifice of praise be pleasing to you today as we follow you unreservedly; for those who trust in you cannot be put to shame. And now we follow you with our whole heart, we fear you and we pray to you. Do not let us be put to shame, but deal with us in your kindness and great mercy. Deliver us by your wonders, and bring glory to your name, O LORD. Take our hands and lead us and make us your instruments to stop abortion and to crush the culture of death society, not only in the Philippines, the USA, but all over the world. We ask not our will, but your will be done our God. In Jesus' name [the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE] we pray. Amen.
God Save the Philippines [my beloved native land].
God is my refuge, my fortress, and my shield! Marjjah, a lowly servant of the Lord! *member ~ CFC-FFL (Foundation for Family and Life) *[ProGod-ProChrist- ProFamily- ProLife-ProPoor]